If you're a small business based in Kuala Lumpur, Indonesia and you're interested in making your business grow despite your small-scale reach and miniscule budget for your overhead, then it's perhaps time you implemented a flexible working arrangement for your employees.
A flexible working schedule is a schedule that's neither dayshift nor night-shift and isn't your typical 9-to-5 office job. Whether they're full-time, part-time, or the like, these workers with flexible schedules can actually benefit you more by having a working schedule that's not set in stone.
What Is a Flexible Working Schedule?
Instead of having your workforce clock-in day-in and day-out at your office, why not have them work invirtual offices and submit their work at a set deadline through the Internet, by email and whatnot? You can also keep tabs with them through email, online chat, or programs like Skype.
Flexible working arrangements can also entail the following:
- Location: An employee can work invirtual offices, serviced offices, or anywhere else other than your real office. He can also limit the amount of time at the office by teleworking.
- Hours or Schedule: The worker can set when he starts or when he finishes as long as he meets a certain deadline. He can also supervise himself and accommodate personal commitments.
- Patterns: An employee can work during certain days for longer hours so that he can have a break at the latter half of the week.
- Roster Flexibility: Your company can do more split-shifts with a flexible schedule and working arrangements.
- Job Sharing: Like during the Great Depression, it's possible for two flexible-schedule employees to share one full-time position (as well as its salary).
What Are the Benefits of a Flexible Working Schedule?
There are many benefits to be had from a flexible work schedule in Kuala Lumpur, which includes:
- Faster Company Growth: A study shows that businesses that have teleworkers and telecommuters grow at a faster rate compared to companies that only have in-house employees. Having the ability to hire people from far away helps a lot in this regard.
- Better Work-Life Balance: Employees who have flexible working arrangements with their Kuala Lumpur bosses also tend to balance their personal and career commitments better since they have full control of their schedule.
- An Employee-Friendly Workplace: A happy office with less needless stress put on its employees is a productive one. By giving your workers fair flexibility in their schedule and location, their output should go up considerably. Otherwise, you can weed out those workers who still can't manage their responsibilities with even a flexible working arrangement.
- A More Motivated Workforce: Having a motivated workforce that's happy to be there should result in a more positive and less toxic work environment. More work would be done, you won't have them spread themselves too thin or too thick on a job, and your staff will last longer under your employment, resulting in fewer turnovers and hiring expenses.
In a Nutshell
If you're an Indonesian company in Kuala Lumpur that wants to save money, time, and resources on hiring employees, reduce your work turnover, and keep your workers happy while maintaining high productivity, one way to go about it is by implementing flexible working arrangements.
In fact, technology and services available through Servcorp such as virtual office solutions, serviced offices, and virtual assistants makes such policies and schedules possible. If you're interested in technology-driven office solutions that work best for your business, call Servcorp now at +603 2169 6188.
Published by: SERVCORP